Sunday, December 30, 2012

37 weeks...Full term!



I am full term and Leo can come anytime he wishes now!  I'm not trying to evict him but it is a relief that we have crossed this milestone...
I measured for 38 weeks at my appt. this week although the midwife thought Leo was sticking his butt out right where she was measuring so he might have been adding the extra cm. His heart rate was at 130 which is within the normal range and his movement is good...great really.  I had a parent at school notice Leo moving around and she wasn't even that close to me! Of course, it is very obvious to me and I can't help but stop and watch all of his movements.
Now that I am full-term I thought it would be fun to start an arrival date poll!
I believe I have said I think he is coming on Jan 21st (and have thought that since getting pregnant); however, if he doesn't come then I am betting on sometime in December.  Why you may ask?  
To that I will have to relay some family history...
For my bloodline, December is like a magnet for births.
Grandma Hess- Dec 1st
Luke- Dec 3rd (cousin once removed)
Dad- Dec 7th
 Cousin Keith and Nephew Tiernan- Dec 21st
Paisley- Dec 23rd (cousin once removed)
Mom- Dec 25th
(I think I got everyone if not I'm sorry....pregnancy brain)
I posted a poll on Facebook and this is what the world has to say about Leo's arrival...

My parents have been in town this week since Tuesday.  It's been nice having them around although between my last week of work and Dr's appts I haven't gotten to spend as much time with them as I would like.  Next week my sister Carol and my nephews will be coming into town late on Christmas night. 
On the labor front, I have started some natural methods to progress labor such as Red Raspberry Leaf Tea (helps strengthen contractions which in turn makes them more effective in progressing dilation and are supposed to help during labor as well), walking, and EPO (evening primrose oil).  I can't wait to meet this little guy but I know in the end he will come when he wants to.
Merry Christmas everyone!  

1 comment:

  1. Let me make my guess now that the days to choose from have been cut in half. Let's see if it'll improve my odds. How does January 12 sound? Guess we'll know soon if I picked it. Just hang in there--I know the waiting is tough.

    Aunt Gin Ann

    ReplyDelete