Wednesday, January 2, 2013

38 weeks

Happy New Year Everybody!
 It is official... Leo will be a Jan 2013 baby! His birthstone will be garnet, my sister Emily will have another Jan birthday in the family, on the Chinese zodiac he will be a Dragon, he will either be a Capricorn or an Aquarius, but no matter what he will be here soon and will be very loved.
I've been thinking about the year ahead as we are want to do on this day and I've also been glancing back.  2012 brought me the joy of finding out I was pregnant which I am so thankful for.
 2013 will bring the birth of my firstborn...Leo Kipling Weaver, my 30th birthday and my 5th Anniversary.
It feels like 2013 is already shaping up to be a milestone year.  I just pray it comes with health and happiness for our family and yours.
Wow only 2 weeks left until Leo's due date!  The reality that I will soon be holding my son has not quite set in.  I feel that once I only have a week left (before they induce me) I would be like "this is really happening!"  but right now it is just too random, too novel to imagine being in labor, and too unreal overall.
Christmas was great with my parents and sister up here but we really missed our family in Florida.  We cooked a big meal (since we didn't cook one on Thanksgiving) and it was yummy!  We looked at some family photos of Christmas pasts and it was crazy to see the changes there have been over the last 10 years.  Our family has grown (in that time) from 6 people to 12 with #13 almost here!  I couldn't help picturing next year's Christmas with little Leo being almost one and crawling/toddling around... that will be a huge difference! 
I think Evan and I are ready for this new experience but at times it seems it will never come and at other times it feels like it is speeding towards us and we can only brace ourselves for the impact.  A baby!  A baby boy.... OUR baby boy!! Trying to wrap my mind around that...Eeekk!      

No comments:

Post a Comment