Saturday, January 12, 2013

40 weeks

Happy Due Date Day!
I never really thought Leo would come before my due date (like I've said before the 21st has been stuck in my brain since I found out when the due date was) so I am not to surprised to be here...NOT in labor.  I do hope he comes soon though.  I am getting crankier, more tired, and more uncomfortable (sitting, standing, or laying down) so it would be nice to be on the path to normal sooner rather than later!
Some things from this week, I'm still measuring great at my appointments but man are those pounds packing on now!  Evan couldn't suppress his surprise at the numbers on the scale when I was weighed at my last appt (he hadn't been with me for awhile) and he got all bug-eyed at the number.  I calmly told him that, for future reference, when an almost full-term pregnant lady gets on a scale (or any woman for that matter) his response should not be "Woah!" with a look of sheer surprise.  LOL!  Luckily I can take it and am not as emotional as some women are over things like that (which Evan doesn't appreciate enough... he doesn't think anybody would get upset, HA!)
Last Saturday, I went bowling with the family and in the second game...I beat everybody!!  I am taking bragging rights for that one since I was 39 weeks that day.  I got the score printed out to prove it :-) 
Not a great score overall but I still won! ; )

So last week I said that Evan and I were pretty much ready for Leo to arrive but this week I am much more confident in that statement.  First off, we will be able to take Leo home from the hospital if we have him now...we just installed the car seat and even went and got it inspected for safety this morning. Phew!
 I am on the last few items of my to-do list which is finish knitting Leo's stocking and write as many thank you notes as I can from my baby showers!  Evan and I ran errands today which knocked off the last few items of things I needed to do outside of the house and I guess this upcoming week will mainly be doing things to get labor started and resting/sleeping.  I am excited to meet this little guy and am so curious as to what he will look like.  Evan's mom just sent me a picture of Evan when he was a baby so I thought I would post a picture of each of us... not sure of our exact ages but thought they are probably around the same age.

    
Pretty cute!









Well I think I will leave you with that for now.  I am off to knit some, write in my diary, and write a few more thank you cards.  Lots of love to all of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment