Friday, December 21, 2012

36 weeks

Four weeks till the due date, 1 week till Leo is full-term, and I am already growing out of my clothes!
I just might have to make this post my complaint post.  I love being pregnant and I would take on even more "inconveniences" for the miracle we get to take home at the end but... 
That said, pregnancy is no picnic either... particularly in the 3rd trimester!

Here are a few of my complaints.
I'm beginning to feel like just a big belly and hair, (I really need to cut my hair but I refuse to until Leo gets here!) 
I find it VERY HARD to get up and down out of chairs, seats, off of the floor, etc.
Leo likes to jab his foot underneath my right ribs and it just doesn't feel good!
 I want to wear cute shoes again!
I can't bend over to pick something up without first bracing my legs about a mile apart and placing my hand on a nearby object to TRY and keep steady.
I would love to move without letting a groan or exasperated sigh involuntarily escape my lips.
I have had to come to accept the fact that I actually am a messy eater I just never had anything to catch all the food I was dropping... the stains on my shirts prove it : /
I am tired of Doctors, midwives, hospitals, and anything related with these things.
I want to wear my wedding rings again!
I would like just ONE center of gravity, staying balanced is confusing with two.
Working is becoming harder and harder with more moments of sheer confusion over what is going on as my brain is slowly being taken over by...aliens? How do women work all the way to their due date?!
SO very tired of my pelvis hurting.
Did I mention the foot in my ribs or when it is not there but poking out of my right side? 
Tired of gestational diabetes and pricking my fingers 4x's a day...
Tired of tests and inevitably getting bad news from them (a girl can only take so much!)

With all of that and then some, I am thankful for Leo and that I get to help bring him into this world.
I've been blessed and I know it!

Some updates
I passed my last teaching test (Early Childhood Education) and will be able to get a renewable Oregon teaching license...YAY!  No more stressing over that or having to study.  Now I can focus on marking all of the other tasks off of my list of things to do (which mainly consists of baby prep things!)
 Nesting here I come!

I couldn't write about this week and not mention the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary.  Maybe because I am pregnant or because I am a teacher or because I am human but this struck me at some base level in a way that I can not even begin to describe my feelings.
My prayers, thoughts, and heart go out to the families left behind to deal with their losses.  I have to believe that those sweet little angels are in a better place with God where they can no longer feel the pain and disappointments that are a part of living.
Rest in Peace







  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment