Saturday, October 13, 2012

21-25 Weeks







21 Weeks...
Starting with my flight and arrival in Tampa on Sunday night, I got to have a whole week there free of holidays and/or events which is probably the first time that has happened since 2007 when I left for DC!  Don't get me wrong... I love holidays and events but it is hard to do other things when that is the main reason we travel.  This was a nice change of pace.  I got to see many good friends and even got to see their homes (they have purchased over the last few years) that I never could squeeze in before.  I also got to spend a lot of quality time with my parents.  It was wonderful to be able to talk with them about Leo and life (with and without kids).  I love my sisters and love having my whole family together but I think all kids treasure the time they have their parents undivided attention.  Thank you to my Mom and Dad for giving me theirs during the week.  I love you both and will treasure those memories always!
The week was finished off with a weekend visit to Gainesville where we stayed with Megan and Kyle in their house, got to see Carol and the boys, then saw Jenna, Lane, and Liberty (who drove all the way from DC to see us!).  We also fit in the Gator's season opener with Evan's Dad, Seth, Carol, and Megan!  It was a scorcher that day but it was worth being back in the Swamp.  It was also Leo's first Gator game and what a way to be inducted into the Gator Nation....at the SWAMP!  

 22 Weeks...
This week was pretty eventful but a lot of fun.  Most of this week was spent in Deland with Evan's side of the family.  Unfortunately, a strange pain in my side ruined a full day of our time there.  The pain was in my right side and while I knew round ligament pain was a possibility I also knew appendicitis could be the culprit.  I talked with an advice nurse and they said it was RLP until I reminded her of appendicitis then she said that the only way to figure out the difference would be to get my blood drawn and have an ultrasound. As appendicitis can be life-threatening for the mom and baby, we decided to make a trip to the ER to get checked out.  The day got a lot longer when I was told at the ER that I could not be seen there once I was over 20 weeks without first going to see the OB and confirming that the baby was okay... I wonder at what point does the mother's pain/injury override the need to see the OB?  I mean would a severed limb be necessary or could I just come in screaming in pain and be admitted?  Even though we spent a large part of the day in the hospital it did not turn out to be appendicitis. Thank Goodness!
The following day was the first of our baby showers hosted by my wonderful mother-in-law.  My mom and Grandma made their way over for it from Merritt Island as well.  It was a great afternoon and I loved celebrating the impending arrival of our first LO with all of the ladies in Deland.      

Luke and Leo's first meeting!
On Friday we headed back to Tampa where we hung out with Carol, the boys, and my parents before being joined by my Aunt Lori and cousin Amy... who is also pregnant and due with her first boy at the end of November.  This was Luke and Leo's first meeting and I loved sharing some prego time with my one of my all-time best friends :-) 
 Saturday was the second baby shower hosted by my friends Teresa and Sarah.  It was also a wonderful day this time with family and friends that live in or near Tampa.  We are blessed to have so many amazing people in our lives.

 
23 Weeks...

I am not sure why I didn't get a picture this week... but I didn't.  The flight home on Sunday was hard on me particularly during the second EXTREMELY long flight home.  It was like all of a sudden any and all pregnancy pains began to surface.  My feet and legs hurt as well as my hips and lower back.  I couldn't sleep and I couldn't get comfortable.  I got up a ton of times to stretch my legs but within seconds of sitting back down again all the pains and pressure points would start screaming again.  To make matters worse, my throat started hurting towards the end and sure enough I had a slight cold that week once I was home.  I did a lot of sleeping and unpacking but the week went by in a blur.  I also started having pelvic pain during this week... and I'm not talking mild pain but a "it hurts to walk and lift my left foot more than an inch off the ground" type of pain.  This week was obviously a lot of fun for me...


24 Weeks...

This was Evan and I's birthday week!  The week started out great with the Gators beating Tennessee.  However, the day after Evan's birthday we woke up to find BB (our cat) in pain and when we took him to the vet we were told he might have a cancerous cyst behind one of his nipples and that he needed surgery immediately. Eeeek!  I was very scared and hated the idea of him having surgery but we had it done and since he did so well and the cyst didn't look cancerous we were allowed to take him home that night.  The following day I stayed home and watched over him as best I could but really he just slept most of the day.  By my birthday (Thursday) he was doing much better and had returned to his normal sleeping arrangements (cuddling with us in bed).  He was on the mend and we were happy. 

25 Weeks...
Another week I didn't take a picture (actually I did...I thought this was my 26 week pic but I found that one)!  This was the first week I subbed and I don't know where all the week went.  I was pretty involved in finding us a chair (rocker/recliner) and washing a bunch of Leo's clothes so I guess all that distracted me but seriously... I can't believe the time is passing so quickly!  Leo is kicking a lot more now and much more consistently.  Evan has been able to feel him a few times, too.    Sorry it took so long to get this update out there.  I have no idea where September went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment