Friday, August 3, 2012

16 Weeks

I think I have "popped" as some people term the sudden noticeable bump that seems to appear overnight.  The picture above was taken on Saturday July 28th I just haven't been posting due to other pressing matters.   My bump is more noticeable to other people but I also notice it when I lean over something.  It feels like there is a rock or some rather unmovable thing located in my lower abdomen.  The hard places are getting higher and higher though and, I believe, aren't far below my bellybutton.  I love my baby bump!  
Baby shower planning is underway. Teresa Schaaf is planning my Tampa shower (with some help from my mom and Sarah Morse) and my mother-in-law (Charlene) is planning the Deland shower!  I am very excited about both events!  Something I think I looked forward to even more than my wedding showers which were both wonderful and amazing experiences. :-)
 A huge THANK YOU to all the wonderful ladies involved!
I went to an appointment this week (week 16) and FINALLY got to hear the heartbeat.  155 bpm!  The high when still in normal range is 160 bpm so it was definitely up there.  I am counting down the days until August 21st... why you may ask? Well for those who don't already know we will find out the gender on August 21st!  I am so excited to find out what we are having.  I have always really wanted a girl (and still want to have one eventually) but I am also excited about the prospect of having a son.  I know (from my nephews) that sons can be delightful too. 18 days to go!!!
I am impatiently filling those 18 days with a few different activities...  I have recently signed up to be a substitute with Hillsboro School District which is great since I really needed a job.  I am also beginning work on my longer 3 year teaching certification (the one I got when I came here was only 18 months).  I have a few tests to take so I scheduled my first one for the end of September.  I would like to have them done with before the LO arrives.  This next certification will last 3 years and is renewable so I won't have to worry about it for awhile.  I also managed to get signed up for a free class called Online Teaching 101.  The Hillsboro SD is starting more online schooling options so they are offering the course.  I will start that next week and hopefully it will lead to some at-home teaching options for me!
My trip to Florida will begin on August 29th and will end on September 9th.I am very excited to see everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment