Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Ruby 2 years

1 year
2 years
Dearest Ruby,

I'm a little late writing this one and as each day goes by I think... I need to write about Ruby, I need to remember these "oh so adorable" moments that happen too often to count.  You have changed so much this past year.  Stretching out, going from single words to full fledged sentences...  The past year with you has been wonderful.  You are my constant companion and I love getting to know you.  We were able to have more one-on-one time together this year with Leo going to preschool.  We spent that time going to Gymboree, you've really loved that.  We've sang songs, tried on clothes, went shopping, made silly faces while hiding under blankets... and countless other activities.




I have loved spending time with you my dear girl.  You are smart, incredibly funny, and beautiful to boot.  There aren't many days that go by that I don't have someone stop me to say how adorable you are... I have to say that I completely agree with every one of them.


The holidays brought family to visit and LOTS of snow... which you referred to as "ice" because you love eating ice and you loved eating the snow.  You cried whenever we made you come in from outside.


 In March, we visited Florida for my cousin's wedding.  You had lots of fun visiting with cousins, playing in the water, and getting into whatever mischief you could.  When we got home, we bought a house and moved in the week before your 2nd birthday.   It was very emotional for me leaving the home we brought you to... and had lived in for most of your brother's life as well.  So many memories but so many memories to be made in our new home as well. 

Everyday that goes by your speech gets better and we can understand so much of what you want us to hear and understand.  When, at 2 years old, you started using a more advanced sentence structure complete with pronouns (appropriately used) and conjunctions to make incredible thoughts.  I often just would stand there and stare at you because my precious baby just astounded me with a very complete and well thought out idea.  You are so smart and funny.  You really love the movie Sing and your brother was complaining one day that he was hungry, it went something like this... L:I'm still hungry." You: (singing to "I'm still standing") "Yeah, yeah, yeah"    

You are not a push-over... particularly when it comes to sweets.  Just the other day, you weren't eating your veggies so your dad and I said "okay than, no treat".  Your -oh so loving and concerned- older brother wanted to make sure you had heard us... so he repeated what we said and you looked up at him and placed your hands on his chest and shoved (not super hard but hard enough to be like "get out of my face")  I reprimanded your use of physical force instead of your words (I also told your brother to mind his own business) but I also thought, "that's my girl".






We tried glasses for abit this year to help correct your strabismus. Unfortunately it didn't work, but you sure were cute in them.
At the garden









I cherish our times together and I so love how sweet you are.  You give some of the best hugs (really truly great big bear hugs), your smiles light up the world, and you have such a kind and loving spirit.  You are concerned when others get hurt, you tell me when you think someone or something is beautiful or nice, you are genuinely thankful when someone else does something nice for you and you aren't afraid to let your light shine.  You like to test the limits but you listen and think about what is happening and what you are being told.  Sometimes, I feel like I can't breath because you are just that adorable in your little self.  I love you so much my precious baby.


Sweet girl.... I know our relationship will just grow and grow,  I hope that one day we will be the best of friends. I love you.



Love,
Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment