Friday, August 14, 2015

Ruby- 2 months




Life with a 2 year old and a 2 month old is NO JOKE!  There are moments of extreme satisfaction and pride when I actually have a second to myself, because that means I have weathered the chaos and come out still looking okay ;).  Then there are the days when the chaos has chaos and there is no telling whether I will come out alive. Pray for me folks...


Dearest little Ruby,

You came into our lives so suddenly I feel like I barely had room to breath, but now I can't imagine my world without you.  Right now at *almost* 2 months... your personality is just beginning to peek out at us and it leaves us wanting more.  What will make you smile? Laugh?  What foods will be your favorite?  What will be your first word?  When will you start to crawl? Sit-up? Walk?   I know these answers will come fast and furious over the next year and sometimes I wish I could hit the pause button and take in all the details.  Sadly, it is not as easy to do this time around as with the first.

You have just started babbling more and your smile (while still seldom seen) bursts out of you and lights up the room.  It is like watching the sunrise through the trees. I have yet to catch one on camera but your Mimi did... and like you, it is beautiful.

Your brother is absolutely in love with you.  He gets a little jealous of all the Mama time you get but has not(as of now) directed any of the anger towards you.  He seems to be advanced in his ability to understand that you are still tiny and cannot help yourself.  Usually he just wants me to pass you off to someone else standing nearby...  you are not too fond of that suggestion.   
Perfect first position plié from my little ballerina... I think she needs some work on her port de bras though. ;-)

Speaking of other people... we just finished up having guests for the summer!  Starting on June 9th, my mom (Mimi to you)  flew in from Florida.  On June 22nd, Nana & Pap, and Aunt Carol, Tiernan, & Liam all arrived from Florida.  On July 2nd, your Uncle Seth arrived as our final guest.  Of course everyone was still in town through most of July and Mimi was the last one here leaving only this week on August 11th.






I am in shock that 2 months have gone by but that is the way it goes.  We have done a lot in your short life so far... blueberry picking, a movie, lots of eating out, parties, play-dates, gardening, shopping, the zoo, OMSI (2x), and LOTS of cuddling.  I love you Junebug!
Big brother's PJs
Tummy Time
Sleeps like she did in the womb.  Head looking up, on her side.

Yes... that is me, watering our garden while nursing my daughter who was dressed as a bear cub.
Isn't she adorable?



Love,
Mama

 

No comments:

Post a Comment