Sunday, January 12, 2014

11 months

Dear Leo,
11 months!  Just a few weeks left until you turn 1! I can hardly believe it.  You started talking and walking this past month!  Your first word was kitty cat but sounds like "Ki cat" (with a very soft t).  When you say words for the first time you whisper them, which is just about the cutest thing ever. ; ) 
You have since started saying Dada and occasionally Mama (but most often you say it when you are crying in your crib) and we think we have heard you say kiss and definitely "hi".  Talking occurred around December 2nd and your first steps on December 14th.  They were from your dada to me and they were so cute!  You cannot know how proud we were of you as you took those first steps... you are growing so fast. 
You also had your first snow this month!  I bundled you up and took you outside and you could barely sit up you had so much padding on.  It got the better of you and you fell over but you just laid there, very still, watching the snow fall gently down on your face.  I think you were very intrigued by the snow...





11 months saw your first Thanksgiving, which we celebrated with our friends Doris and Greg and their daughter Melody.   Dinner ended up being ready so late that Melody missed the whole meal and you only saw the soup course.  :(  Right after Thanksgiving we got your first Christmas tree! (*see pictures at the end of post)  It was a small tree so that I could put it up on an old trunk we have, which I must say was brilliant on my part as it kept you from really getting into it.  I don't think that will work next year though.  ;)

You couldn't stop giggling with your cousin Tiernan!
The rest of December was a blur as I was sick and you were sick most of the time before we left for Florida.
We spent your 11 month birthday in Florida with your cousin Tiernan who turned 10 years old on the same day!  It was a great day full of family and love.  Can't wait to see what this last month of your first year holds!
Love Always,
Mama 

This month was exhausting!  I thought I would write my own update down here... so if you just came for the baby stuff you can skip this. ;)  Leo's 10 month and 11 month birthdays were both celebrated in Florida on 2 separate trips.  That, in and of itself, was a lot with the four 12 hr + days of travel and traveling back and forth across the state to visit family while there. Add into that infected fingers, mystery rashes (Leo, on both trips to Florida), hand foot and mouth disease (both Leo and I got it), colds, and oh yeah...Thanksgiving AND Christmas and it was like the perfect storm of exhaustion!  Don't get me wrong I love seeing family but all that in a month and a half time span was ALOT!  I am extremely grateful we didn't catch the stomach virus that was going around.  We were around a lot of people who had it.  I'm trying to rest up and catch up this week so that I can "get back in the game" so to speak.  On my agenda.... plan Leo's first birthday party, put together a yearbook for Leo's first year of life, start swim classes for Leo, try to fix my diastisis recti (by joining a class), and nap train Leo (once he is back on PST).  The last one is the one I am looking forward to the least as I am sure it is going to be a horrible couple of days. Currently, the little prince sleeps cradled in my arms three times a day.  I have no time to myself until Evan gets home or until Leo goes down for the night and that is exhausting too.  Sometimes I sleep in the rocking chair with him, other times I read or browse on my phone but it needs to stop.  For my sanity and for Leo's sake...
If I can get him nap trained then I can start looking into solutions for subbing more as I think a daycare would be possible.  I need to start working more often...
New Year's just passed and even though this blog update covers Leo's 11 month (which did not include NY 2013/14)... my main new year's resolution is to get healthy.  I (like I said above) need to work on my ab seperation (diastisis recti) and start working out more.  I also want to get more sleep so that I am not so grumpy all the time and so that I can accomplish the many things I want to in this new year.  Let's hope Leo cooperates ;)
Love to you all.     

P.S. Some additional pictures that were too difficult to incorporate into the post.
The nephews <3>
The nieces <3>
One of the better pictures from my Christmas photo shoot with Leo.

Adorable pic of my two favorite guys...about to break my pretty ornament : /
gimme, gimme, gimme!



 
The cousins (Sara is moving but you should have seen the other pics...lol)


Leo in our old rocking chair : )





No comments:

Post a Comment