Saturday, August 10, 2013

Thoughts on this Mom thing... Written a few months ago

I have always wanted to be a mom.  I used to pretend I had kids all the time.  My love for children grew into lots of baby-sitting jobs and I guess once I had to manage real children I just figured parenthood would be like an extended baby-sitting job. HA!  I forgot that the parents used to tell me how their child needed to be cared for, when things happened, what to feed them... I was so not prepared for the major decisions you have to make for your little one right from the start.  I guess I got lost in my pregnancy and birth that I forgot there was a whole extra scenario afterwards.  I mean I obviously thought about it some but in the fun rainbows and butterflies way not the breastfeeding hardships, reflux/allergy issues, bouncing on a yoga ball constantly, trying to figure out when naps needed to happen... etc.

Motherhood is not as easy as I would have appreciated ;-) but I still love being a mom.  Getting smiles and giggles are the best and when he snuggles up next to me I can (most of the time) forget how tired (or hungry or dirty) I am and just enjoy the moment.  Nobody ever said it was going to be easy but I guess I didn't hear that part... selective hearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment